lørdag 7. mai 2011

Prefab Sprout - Faron Young

When Prefab Sprout's incredible Steve McQueen album was released in June 1985 I was more or less headed for the great Roskilde festival in Denmark, a passenger on a cheap bus organized by some guys who needed people to chip in and thus advertised the whole trip on a local radio station in Oslo. Me and a few friends went along, and "Faron Young", the opening track on Steve McQueen, was our soundtrack. Although Prefab Sprout did not play at Roskilde I'm sure the other passengers on the bus got more than their share of the song, and I'm not sure if they loved us for it. Never mind them, I had a great trip and saw quite a few bands, among them The Cure and Ramones and loads I don't remember.

PS! If you didn't know it, Faron Young was a famous American country singer (1932-1996). One of his most famous songs is the brilliantly titled "Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young".

Listen



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar