lørdag 22. november 2014

Pet Shop Boys - Did You See Me Coming?

Pet Shop Boys, namely Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe, just may be my very favourite pop act. For close to 30 years now they've recorded so many great pop songs that I've lost count a long time ago, and the hits, as they say, just keep on coming. Although Pet Shop Boys will probably never again enjoy success like they did in the late 80's and early 90's, they still feel and sound both current and important. When compiling my list of the 100 best songs of the 00's recently, I included their 2009 song "Did You See Me Coming?" off the Yes album, and why I put in on a mere 48th place I cannot say. It's better than that, one of the most uplifting songs of their entire output, and although it only reached number 21 on the UK singles chart upon its release, I still think of it as a brilliant number one single - in a perfect world, that is.

Watch and listen


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar